Monday, November 9, 2009

Mary Ethel Hughey Williams




Lets look at another line of our family. With each marriage comes another line of family.
Mary Ethel Hughey married Wyatt Williams on June 14, 1914. Ethel was 18 years old and Wyattie was 24 years old. This marriage leads us to the Hughey line. The Hughey's also lived in the Buck Creek area and a large part of them attended Buck Creek Baptist Church.
Ethel was born on 18 Feb 1896 to James Absalomn, "Jim Ab", Hughey and Rebecca Lougenia, "Lou" Humphries. They were actually 1st cousins, children of sisters Elizabeth Elder Hughey and Susan T. Elder Humphries.
We have listed the children of Wyatt and Ethel in the second blog, so check it to determine the names of the children of Wyatt and Ethel.
Wyatt and Ethel lived and raised their family on a farm in Buck Creek Community. I have posted pictures of the home place on my facebook account. If you'd like to view them and I'm not yet your friend send me an invitation.

I never knew this woman personally she died long before I was born. But I have heard that she was a great christian lady and dearly loved her family and friends. I've been told that this dear lady prayed constantly for her children,grandchildren and her grandchildren from now till Jesus comes. Whether you are her child, grandchild, great grandchild, great great grandchild, etc., you have been prayed for by Granny. Even though most of us never knew her, she wanted to make sure that we knew her Savior.

There's more to come on Granny in the next post.



No comments: